I come to thee once more Lord!
Lyrics of I come to thee once more Lord! / The End of Man
1. I come to thee once more, my God!
no longer will I roam;
for I have sought the wide world through,
and never found a home.
2. Though bright and many are the spots
where I have built a nest,
yet in the brightest still I pined
for more abiding rest.
3. Riches could bring me joy and power,
and they were fair to see;
yet gold was but a sorry god
to serve instead of thee.
4. The honour and the world’s good word
appeared a nobler faith;
yet could I rest on bliss that hung
and trembled on a breath?
5. The pleasure of the passing hour
my spirit next could while;
but soon, full soon my heart fell sick
of pleasure’s weary smile.
6. More selfish grown, I worshipped health,
the flush of manhood’s power;
but then it came and went so quick,
it was but for an hour.
7. And thus a not unkindly world
hath done its best for me;
yet I have found, O God! no rest,
no harbour short of thee.
8. For thou hast made this wondrous soul
all for thyself alone;
ah! send thy sweet transforming grace
to make it more thine own.
Tip 1 to download
Click on the PDF Button on this post to download free!
Tip 2 to download the free solfa music sheet
- Right click with your mouse on the music sheet
- click save image as
- And yes, it is downloaded
Do well to share to friends…. Comments are appreciated!
Sing Praises! To the Lord!
Join the discussion